Sunday, May 17, 2009

Elections 2009


The elections to the 15th Lok Sabha have been completed and it is decided that the Congress Party will be forming the government once again. Frankly this came as a very big surprise to me. I was of the opinion that either the BJP would get a clear majority (or) there would be a hung parliament, with a lot of horse trading involved. However, the Congress president has proved all her critics wrong and paved way for another term for the Manmohan Singh government. This is indeed a mammoth achievement to her credit. Yet, I am not at all satisfied with the results.




I am a strong supporter of the BJP, even though they have been projected as being communal, which in my opinion is a big farce. No doubt they were involved in issues like Babri Masjid demolition, but they can be given a second chance. Yet, the verdict of the people has to be accepted and so I indeed look forward to the next five years under the Congress. But I am happy in one way. The Left parties will not be involved in the government formation, which is very good for the country. The government can now take forward its reform measures without any hazzles from the Left. This is of paramount importance, owing to the recession phase that is going on right now. So let us wait and watch as to what is in store for us.

1 comment:

  1. hello from Italy! here in Italy the victory of Congress Party was considered like sure and numerically huge since several days. i don't know which was the impression in India. maybe there everything seemed less certain, less sure.
    congratulations for your blog, i appreciated it! and please, apologize me for my english, it's not that good...
    see you, Filippo

    ReplyDelete